Antenatal Services Provided By a Trained Doula
Pregnancy is a very crucial period in the life of a woman, when she enjoys the experience of nourishing a new life within herself before giving birth to her baby, while feeling scared about living through the pregnancy related physical changes. Therefore, at this time she needs the constant support of someone who can help her out of all her physical and mental problems that generally evolve during this pregnancy period. Only a professional doula, well trained in all types of antenatal services is able to provide useful support to a pregnant woman.
Benefits obtained from the antenatal services provided by a doula
- The antenatal services of an experienced doula include the formulation of a proper birth plan for the would-be mother that will ease her childbirth as much as possible.
- The doula may accompany the pregnant woman to the regular checkups to the doctor’s clinic, if her husband or any other family member is not available to go with her.
- The expert doula prepares the expectant mother physically and mentally, to gracefully welcome her new-born baby, which is mostly essential if it is the first pregnancy of the woman who is placed under the care of that doula.
- The doula educates the pregnant woman on how to relax and exactly what needs to be done during the childbirth, so that the mother suffers from least pains and cramps at that time. The well trained doula also teaches several useful breathing exercises that can help immensely during the childbirth. The expertise of a doula often helps in speedy maturity of the fetus to a little baby, who will be useful for the family and society.
- The constant emotional support of a doula towards the pregnant woman helps in faster and better growth of her unborn baby, as the better physical and mental conditions of the mother results in the perfect health of the fetus. Hence, the doula makes sure that the new mother remains far away from all kinds of anxiety and pregnancy related depressions. The optimistic thoughts and the cheerful mood of the mother cast a positive effect on the mind of the baby as well.
- The doula also packs the bag to be taken with the pregnant woman, when she needs to be hospitalized for delivery of her baby. She takes care to pack up all the essential stuffs that are needed by the pregnant woman in daily life, as well as the things that she will need after her childbirth.
Apart from these antenatal services, many doulas also provide some relief and enough rest to the pregnant women, by taking care of their older kids and sharing their responsibilities of doing various household chores, like washing dishes, cleaning the house, laundry works and also cooking. Thus, the pregnant women get more time to relax and enjoy their experience of pregnancy, instead of being scared of this phase in life, due to the presence of the doulas with them.