Why Hiring a Doula for a Pregnant Woman
When a woman becomes pregnant, she needs much extra care and someone to look after her all the time. It is the most crucial part in the life of a woman, since it involves the safety of her unborn baby and her own. Therefore, it is best to take the help of any professional person, who will be able to stay with her for 24 hours and take proper care of her and a doula is certainly the best choice, due to several advantages of hiring this professional during pregnancy and even for few months after the childbirth.
Facilities provided by a doula to a pregnant woman
- A doula provides physical and emotional support to the pregnant woman all the time, which she really needs at this stage.
- The experienced doulas can help the new mother in researching all about her childbirth and the things needed for her baby.
- The doula massages the pregnant woman in correct way, giving enormous relief from all her pregnancy related physical discomforts.
- Only a doula can continuously advice the pregnant woman about her right postures of sitting, sleeping and walking during the pregnancy period, so that the baby will not be harmed at all.
- The doulas receive proper training about teaching simple meditation and breathing exercises to the pregnant women, so that they can be benefitted physically and mentally at this time.
- The pregnant woman is constantly reminded by the doula about the dates of her scheduled visits to her doctor for regular checkup during the pregnancy and she may also contact the doctor urgently, in case of any medical emergency and the pregnant woman in her care is not in a state to contact the doctor. But a doula is not professionally supposed to give any medical advice to any pregnant woman.
- The doula also advices the would-be father about giving mental support and care to the would-be mother of his child, thus helping in making the relationship of the couple sweeter and closer.
- The childbirth becomes easier for a mother due to the constant support of her hired doula, who advises to adopt correct measures for having simpler childbirth, without undergoing any Cesarean surgery. The help provided by the doula also reportedly help the mother to experience much shorter and more comfortable childbirth.
- The baby is also safeguarded by the effective guidance of the doula, who can educate the mother about keeping her baby in most comfortable and safe position in her womb and also during childbirth.
- The mother is kept much relaxed and tension free, by the emotional support and guidance of the doula, which helps her to be in better physical condition, including the maintenance of her blood pressure and sugar level in optimum measures.
- The doula continues to provide all kinds of necessary support to the new mother and her newly born child for a few months after the childbirth, so that both mother and the baby can remain in their best health.
But the doulas are not supposed to provide any medical assistance, like checking the blood pressure or the pulse rate of the mother or baby, as they are not given any training in this regard.